A veteran of real estate transactions in expanding and contracting markets, Raad is a Shareholder at Shoreline, having previously practiced at Milbank LLP and Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP. Raad’s experience is broad and deep, having also served as General Counsel to a public REIT and Vice President in an international real estate brokerage company and managed FDIC investigations of closed banks in receivership.
Raad has represented institutional and entrepreneurial clients on all sides in the following areas: purchase and sale, leasing, construction, and development, joint ventures, land use, secured, and unsecured finance, real estate components of project and corporate finance and of mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt investments, CMBS originations, mortgage securitizations, loan workouts, and foreclosures, eminent domain, and transactional support for litigation and bankruptcy proceedings.
His property expertise includes renewable energy, infrastructure, casino, hotel, entertainment, sports arena, technology, industrial, office, retail, residential, affordable housing, medical, and healthcare projects. Raad has a proven track record of closing over $25 billion of transactions. He communicates with his clients, understands their goals and fights for their interests. Raad is an effective counselor and skilled negotiator who executes his clients’ investment strategies and objectives.
- $2 billion financing of merged casino companies.
- $920 million acquisition financing for solar projects.
- $600 million mortgage and mezzanine loans for public company refinancing.
- $380 million bond financing for multi-state wind generation projects.
- $280 million construction financing for public-private arena.
- $230 million defeasance and refinancing of medical office buildings.
- $153 million construction loan for mixed retail, hotel and office project.
- $120 million financing of commercial office buildings.
- $108 million financing of residential and retail development.
- $80 million acquisition and development loan for mixed-use entertainment project.
- $70 million credit facility for mixed real and personal property collateral.
- $57 million construction financing for retail and residential project.
- $50 million foreclosure of historic office building.
- $42 million ground lease and development of hotel.
Purchase and Sale Transactions:
- $1.85 billion acquisition of entertainment real estate portfolio.
- $376 million sale of casino property.
- $327 million purchase of casino property.
- $307 million purchase of solar projects.
- $142 million sale of hotel and gaming property.
- $100 million sale of residential planned development.
- $65 million purchase of landfill and permitting for landfill expansion.
- $43 million land acquisition for entitlement of hospital and medical office buildings.
- $29 million sale of real and personal property for 279-unit residential planned development.
- 160,000 SF technology park (landlord’s counsel).
- 127,000 SF media center (landlord’s counsel).
- 85,000 SF shopping center (tenant’s counsel).
- 60,000 SF biotech facility (landlord’s counsel).
- 56,000 SF entertainment complex (tenant’s counsel).
- 47,000 SF regional office (tenant’s counsel).
- 20,000 SF office headquarters (tenant’s counsel).
- 17,000 SF call and data center (tenant’s counsel).
- 10,000 SF warehouse conversion (tenant’s counsel).
- 5,000 SF retail space (tenant’s counsel).
- $150 million acquisition of energy facilities through stock acquisition.
- Joint ventures for affordable housing, triple net leased investments and development projects.
- Series of joint ventures between real estate developers and public homebuilders.
- $25 million design-build contract for water desalter project.