Mona’s practice focuses on real estate transactions including leasing, construction, ownership, finance, acquisition, and disposition of all kinds of real estate projects. Mona practiced with the international law firm of Skadden Arps for almost eight years and served as senior corporate counsel for several large real estate companies, both private and public, before joining Shoreline. Mona’s clients owned and managed many different types of real estate, including hotels, office buildings, apartment complexes, and shopping centers. Her clients have included both tenants and landlords, buyers and sellers, and borrowers and lenders, so she understands the different concerns of the relevant parties. With almost 20 years of experience as a real estate lawyer, Mona employs a hands-on approach and is able to add value as a dealmaker who can help close deals quickly and efficiently, while protecting her client’s business and legal objectives.
- Represented publicly traded landlord client in the following matters:
- 18,000+ RSF lease in Beverly Hills to gym operator
- 14,000+ RSF lease in Beverly Hills to salon operator
- 28,000+ RSF lease in West Los Angeles to accounting firm
- 32,000+ RSF lease in Honolulu to large regional bank
- 22,000+ RSF lease in Century City to national law firm
- 15,000+ RSF lease in Woodland Hills to car manufacturer`s Western US headquarters
- 138,000+ RSF lease in Woodland Hills to insurance company
Purchase and Sale Transactions:
- Represented client in sale of a Hawaiian movie theatre chain, several other movie theatres located in California and a bowling alley.
- Represented largest apartment REIT, in acquiring, financing, managing and structuring equity interests in portfolios of private and public partnerships and apartment projects.
- Represented international investor client in the: (i) sale of the prominent hotel in Santa Monica, CA (over $90 million) and (ii) sale of various office and industrial properties in the Southern California area worth $100+ million.
- Represented large international bank and its lending syndicate in its credit facility to publicly traded real estate company (over $400 million).
- Represented client, a nationally recognized charitable organization for children, in obtaining public bond financing to construct a summer camp for children with severe illnesses.
- Represented client in obtaining a corporate line of credit ($75 million).
Other Real Estate Transactions:
- Represented client in the sale of over $5 billion of mortgage securities.
- Represented landlord client in the mediation and favorable settlement of major lawsuit initiated by a large national tenant.